Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Ideal Fundamental Portfolio

I was asked last week by a new, eager investor what stocks would be good to start watching and analyzing. So I provided him with the stocks I either have positions in, have recommended and or will create positions in. It's decently diversified, but not an exact 20% sector allocation that many experts suggest. I tried to find the companies with both great fundamentals and impressive growth prospects in respects to the given economic climate. (Disclaimer: some have horrible fundamentals and are purely speculative). Catalysts that I put more emphasis in are healthcare reform, mobile internet boom, emergence of 3D TV, regional housing recovery and future economic global recovery. I feel that this is a strong portfolio for a 1-3 year timeframe. Please comment, whether it be positive or negative. I love to hear different perspectives. I'll also track it over time as of last week to evaluate my growth analysis and provide updates over structured time intervals. It won't be my exact performance, since I will sell and buy into these positions over time, but it will be a good barometer that novice investors can follow.

C
BAC
V
GOOG
AAPL
CSCO
GLW
F
NKE
HD
SPF
TEVA
DNDN *** Very speculative play. This stock could drop to the basement if they do not receive FDA approval for their promising compound, Provenge.
FCX

Good luck investing!!

Do not rely solely on the opinions of this blog or any other site when making an investment decision. Any investment could result in the risk of loss of capital. Please consider seeking professional advice before initiating your investment ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I like and own C & BAC. These are my long term play. These stocks are still cheap if you have more than 1 yr to invest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Matthew. We did take a major hit the past couple weeks and a substantial hit today. There is definitely a lot of uncertainty, but these names look so much more attractive at these levels. I wouldn't have thought I could get BAC at $16.29 and C at $3.98 2 weeks ago. Dollar Cost Average maybe...

    ReplyDelete